This plugin gives you an easy way to add a HTML sitemap to your WordPress website so that users can easily see all of your content (posts/pages) in one place. The Simple Sitemap plugin is also available on the WordPress.org plugin repository.
The advantage of having a HTML sitemap is that links to all your content is visible from one place. This gives your site visitors a quick overview of your site and how it is structured. It is also good for SEO purposes and makes it easier for spiders to index your site.
Simply add the shortcode
[simple-sitemap] to a new page, or post (although I recommend you add it to a page), then click publish and you have an instant sitemap!
Have a feature that you would like to see added to this plugin? If so, head over to our Simple Sitemap support forum and post a message and we will do our best to include it in the next version!
If you subscribe to our RSS feed (top right of the screen) then you will be notified automatically of new updates.
There is always something left to do! Here are the most pressing things that will be added in future versions:
- Show posts, or pages (or both)
- Show posts first, or pages (if both displayed)
- Exclude individual posts/pages
- Sort ascending, or descending (in addition to the available sorting options)
- Be able to add custom sitemap links (to non WordPress areas)
- Options section to add links to sitemap that can’t be auto generated. Such as links to forum, shopping cart, custom pages, image galleries and so on.